I am currently a Director of Data Science at Walmart Labs, working on supply chain problems such as demand forecasting and inventory replenishment. Prior to this, I worked for the now-defunct solar power company SolFocus, which built large photovoltaic arrays in various remote places for electricity generation. My main responsibility was forecasting how much energy we'd get out of a particular site. And reliability work too, of course. Before that I worked for a number of years in Hewlett-Packard's Strategic Planning and Modeling (SPaM) group, an industry award-winning internal, and occasionally external, consulting organization, and as an independent consultant.
Berkeley, CA, USA
Member for 9 years, 5 months
10 profile views
Last seen Apr 8 '20 at 16:44
Top network posts
- 93 Why does the Lasso provide Variable Selection?
- 61 Where did the frequentist-Bayesian debate go?
- 34 Why not use the third derivative for numerical optimization?
- 30 MCMC on a bounded parameter space?
- 23 When to use the Wilcoxon rank-sum test instead of the unpaired t-test?
- 22 Poisson or quasi poisson in a regression with count data and overdispersion?
- 22 Visualizing a spline basis
- View more network posts →