Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
New York, NY
Member for 9 years, 7 months
100 profile views
Last seen Oct 27 '11 at 2:01
- Stack Overflow 86.3k 86.3k 2929 gold badges208208 silver badges214214 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 11.5k 11.5k 1717 gold badges6464 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 8.8k 8.8k 33 gold badges4646 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges22 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 2.8k 2.8k 55 gold badges1818 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 482 Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 466 How do I install an R package from source?
- 430 The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 350 Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 347 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 279 Elegant way to check for missing packages and install them?
- 226 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (36)
22 Are the “Machine Learning” questions on topic? Oct 9 '10
19 Write an Elevator Pitch / Tagline Oct 16 '10
18 R StackExchange package Aug 17 '10
18 Is machine learning a part of statistical analysis? Jul 19 '10
15 Who should the moderators be? [LOCKED] Jul 23 '10
14 Is it OK to downvote newbies? Oct 12 '10
12 What is community wiki? Aug 12 '10
9 Second Cross Validated Journal Club — date Jan 7 '11