I am an elected moderator on Stack Overflow. If you need to contact me regarding how I handled a post on Stack Overflow, please do so on the site. The best option for contact is raising a flag on the relevant post or, if I left a comment on the post, responding to that comment.
I am a business school assistant professor, and I received my PhD in operations research. My research interests involve data-driven decision making in the healthcare space, with a focus on designing combination drug therapies for advanced cancer and on designing population screening strategies for cancer. My Erdos number is 3.
On Stack Overflow, I'm most active in mathematical-optimization (where I am the first recipient of a bronze badge) and r. I most enjoy answering questions that either deal with code optimization or mathematical optimization. My favorite answers I've contributed so far has this flavor:
- Given island and water locations on a grid and the cost of building a bridge on each water square, where should you build bridges to connect the islands at minimum cost?
- Most efficient way to calculate function with large number of parameter combinations
When I'm not working or on Stack Overflow, you might find me playing my favorite physical sport (tennis), playing my favorite mental sport (bridge), or playing with my cat Neptune (pictured).
Member for 6 years, 5 months
11 profile views
Last seen Jul 6 at 17:48
- Stack Overflow♦ 40.8k 40.8k 1111 gold badges7979 silver badges116116 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 3.7k 3.7k 1919 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.3k 1.3k 1111 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Code Review 810 810 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Beer, Wine & Spirits 371 371 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 66 What is the minimum cost to connect all the islands?
- 40 Simple approach to assigning clusters for new data after k-means clustering
- 37 Can we raise the bar for reputation for late answers to bypass the review queue?
- 34 Calculate cumsum() while ignoring NA values
- 34 Mean of a column in a data frame, given the column's name
- 33 Inconsistent results for f(g(x)) together or split up
- 28 "Factor has new levels" error for variable I'm not using
- View more network posts →