Social scientist/applied statistician, and have worked in the welfare, health, justice, and defence areas of government. As well as analysis of administrative data, I have also designed and evaluated operational pilots (for cost and behavioural impacts), sometimes using an experimental design. Programmer in SAS and SPSS, and some VBA, now learning R. Some experience programming in discrete event simulation, with Arena. Soon to be learning to program agent-based models in RePast, using Java.
Currently a PhD student.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
15 profile views
Last seen Sep 1 '12 at 23:28
- Cross Validated 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges3333 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges1616 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 355 355 11 gold badge22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- German Language 291 291 22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Academia 131 131 22 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 43 Most interesting statistical paradoxes
- 33 Raw residuals versus standardised residuals versus studentised residuals - what to use when?
- 31 Who first used/invented p-values?
- 19 Is there a German word for a food that a person likes but is bad for their body?
- 15 Interpreting a negative confidence limit for a proportion
- 14 What is the difference between linear regression on y with x and x with y?
- 13 How to obtain the p-value (check significance) of an effect in a lme4 mixed model?
- View more network posts →