Professor Emeritus of Statistics and Mathematics. Early 80s, mainly retired; teaching occasional senior and graduate courses.
Current academic interests: probability simulation, statistical graphics, nonparametric tests, Bayesian interval estimation.
San Francisco Bay Area
Member for 5 years, 11 months
15 profile views
Last seen Dec 15 '20 at 9:07
Top network posts
- 31 What are the disadvantages of using mean for missing values?
- 27 Statistical tests when sample size is 1
- 25 If a credible interval has a flat prior, is a 95% confidence interval equal to a 95% credible interval?
- 24 Why the p-value of t.test() is not statistically significant when mean values look really different
- 22 Why do we need an estimator to be consistent?
- 21 Why does independence imply zero correlation?
- 19 What exactly is a seed in a random number generator?
- View more network posts →