Remember that all models are wrong; the practical question is how wrong do they have to be to not be useful
-- George Box & Norman R. Draper, Empirical Model-Building and Response Surfaces
Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often vague, than an exact answer to the wrong question, which can always be made precise.
-- John Tukey, The future of data analysis. Ann. Math. Stat. 33 (1), (1962)
It is no more appropriate to tailor a course to the desires of the student than it is to modify the driving test according to the wishes of learner drivers.
-- Stephen Senn, On thinking and learning. RSS News, December 2007
Hard to find data queries: bountiful
incl Ansbody, excl tags title & Qbody - http://data.stackexchange.com/stats/query/669089
toask - av mean/median qu
I'm right here
Member for 8 years, 6 months
968 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top Network Posts
- 264 How to interpret a QQ plot
- 159 Assessing approximate distribution of data based on a histogram
- 111 Select multiple elements from a list
- 83 Why is ridge regression called "ridge", why is it needed, and what happens when $\lambda$ goes to infinity?
- 80 How should tiny $p$-values be reported? (and why does R put a minimum on 2.22e-16?)
- 79 Shape of confidence interval for predicted values in linear regression
- 76 Regarding p-values, why 1% and 5%? Why not 6% or 10%?
- View more network posts →