Former Manager of Sector Trends at the New Zealand Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Master of Applied Statistics from Australian National University. Fourteen years of experience in overseas aid, mainly in program evaluation and performance information but also program management, including as Counsellor Development Cooperation in the Australian Embassy in Dili, East Timor. Five years of experience managing analytics teams.
My work has included complex surveys and other data collection and analysis to help evidence-informed policy concerning the drivers of economic growth and social issues in New Zealand.
All my input to StackExchange is in my personal capacity and anything I write should not be considered the views of my employer or of the New Zealand government.
Top network posts
- 68 Taleb and the Black Swan
- 46 How do I install an R package from the source tarball on windows?
- 39 Why is it not advisable to use attach() in R, and what should I use instead?
- 28 When are Log scales appropriate?
- 27 Appropriate residual degrees of freedom after dropping terms from a model
- 26 Are gridlines and grey backgrounds chartjunk and should they be used only on an exception basis?
- 26 Why does "explaining away" make intuitive sense?
- View more network posts →