Mark L. Stone
Interests: Nonlinear multivariate dynamic stochastic global optimization (everything else is a special case, an approximation, or a compromise)
Simulation Optimization, baby. Bring it on!!
Stochastic Optimizer par excellence.
Nonlinearly optimizing for a third of a century ... and quadratic convergence is about to kick in any moment now.
- Cross Validated 11.3k 11.3k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Operations Research 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge77 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Mathematics 2.5k 2.5k 77 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Computational Science 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 866 866 11 gold badge55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 42 Do we need gradient descent to find the coefficients of a linear regression model?
- 33 Optimization Problem Libraries
- 28 Why are optimization algorithms defined in terms of other optimization problems?
- 26 Good examples of "two is easy, three is hard" in computational sciences
- 24 How does the L-BFGS work?
- 22 Why not use the "normal equations" to find simple least squares coefficients?
- 20 OR Software Forums
- View more network posts →