Mark L. Stone
Interests: Nonlinear multivariate dynamic stochastic global optimization (everything else is a special case, an approximation, or a compromise)
Simulation Optimization, baby. Bring it on!!
Se habla Nonlinear SDP
Nonlinearly optimizing for three eighths of a century ... and quadratic convergence is about to kick in any moment now.
- Cross Validated 11.8k 11.8k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges4747 bronze badges
- Operations Research 7.4k 7.4k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Mathematics 3.4k 3.4k 99 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Computational Science 1.8k 1.8k 77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge77 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 47 Do we need gradient descent to find the coefficients of a linear regression model?
- 37 Optimization Problem Libraries
- 33 Good examples of "two is easy, three is hard" in computational sciences
- 32 How does the L-BFGS work?
- 28 Why are optimization algorithms defined in terms of other optimization problems?
- 27 OR Software Forums
- 23 Why not use the "normal equations" to find simple least squares coefficients?
- View more network posts →