Data Scientist, Statistician, Developer. Functional Programmer.
These days I use Haskell, R and SQL; and not much else. In days gone by I was a C programmer, then a C++ programmer, and have dabbled in Python, Rust, and a few others. Then a Linux sysadmin working with bash, sed, awk etc. Also formerly an academic (Statistical Epidemiology at Leeds University UK). Currently a Data Scientist.
- Cross Validated 50.2k 50.2k 99 gold badges7171 silver badges136136 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.8k 2.8k 44 gold badges1919 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Data Science 563 563 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Travel 479 479 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- Biology 361 361 22 gold badges44 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 262 Crossed vs nested random effects: how do they differ and how are they specified correctly in lme4?
- 114 What is an ablation study? And is there a systematic way to perform it?
- 70 What is "restricted maximum likelihood" and when should it be used?
- 67 How do DAGs help to reduce bias in causal inference?
- 51 Warning: non-integer #successes in a binomial glm! (survey packages)
- 42 Displaying a greater than or equal sign
- 37 Sample size calculation for mixed models
- View more network posts →