I have been a professor of Statistics at Université Paris Dauphine, Paris, France, since 2000, and at University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom, since 2013, specialised in Bayesian statistics, numerical probability applied to simulation methods, and statistical inference with an interest mostly in genetics and astronomy applications, plus, on the unacademic side, a definitely unhealthy (but so far not fatal) fascination for mountains and (easy) climbing, an almost-sure daily run, and a reading list mainly centred at fantasy books… Plus in taking pictures of about anything appealing to be taken. Hence the categories on a blog I maintain since 2008...
Warning: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made though the links I make to books on that platform.
My zero mark answers
- Can importance sampling be used as an actual sampling mechanism?
- How to denote the number of parameters needed to define such a model where variables have different number of states with big O notation?
- Conditional Probability - Mixture Model
- Problem on sufficient statistics
- Bayesian updates with cumulative gamma distribution?
- Generating three random numbers from normal distribution using 3 independent uniform numbers
- Question about random- variables and the distribution of the sample mean
Member for 8 years, 1 month
42 profile views
Last seen 10 hours ago
Top network posts
- 93 What is an "uninformative prior"? Can we ever have one with truly no information?
- 52 Why is the mean of the natural log of a uniform distribution (between 0 and 1) different from the natural log of 0.5?
- 49 Finding a way to simulate random numbers for this distribution
- 47 What is the difference between Metropolis Hastings, Gibbs, Importance, and Rejection sampling?
- 45 Generating random numbers manually
- 43 Bayesians: slaves of the likelihood function?
- 36 Differences between Bhattacharyya distance and KL divergence
- View more network posts →