I have been a professor of Statistics at Université Paris Dauphine (PSL), Paris, France, since 2000, and at University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom, since 2013, a researcher at CREST, Paris-Saclay University, and a senior member of the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF), focussing on Bayesian statistics, numerical probability applied to simulation methods, and statistical inference with an interest mostly in genetics and astronomy applications, plus, on the nonacademic side, a definitely unhealthy (but so far not fatal) fascination for mountains and (easy) climbing, an almost-sure daily run, and a reading list mainly centred at fantasy books… Plus in taking pictures of about anything appealing to be taken. Hence the categories on a blog I maintain since 2008...
0 credit answers:
- Exponential Reestimation Formula in EM Algorithm
- Cramér-Rao lower bound with an uncertain observable
- How to fit a mixture of a normal and a half normal distribution?
- how to generate specific random covariance matrices?
- Monte Carlo integration and mixture distribution
- How to sample a total variation prior?
- Conditional distributions derivation
Warning: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made though the links I make to books on that platform.
Member for 8 years, 8 months
45 profile views
Last seen Jun 27 at 4:04
- Cross Validated 71.8k 71.8k 88 gold badges121121 silver badges485485 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 761 761 1111 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- Mathematics 475 475 77 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Code Golf 400 400 11 silver badge1313 bronze badges
- Puzzling 239 239 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 95 What is an "uninformative prior"? Can we ever have one with truly no information?
- 54 Why is the mean of the natural log of a uniform distribution (between 0 and 1) different from the natural log of 0.5?
- 49 Finding a way to simulate random numbers for this distribution
- 49 What is the difference between Metropolis-Hastings, Gibbs, Importance, and Rejection sampling?
- 45 Generating random numbers manually
- 44 Bayesians: slaves of the likelihood function?
- 37 Differences between Bhattacharyya distance and KL divergence
- View more network posts →