Dimitriy V. Masterov
Into data before it was big. A great man for things that do not yet exist. Contact me if you are working on interesting problems and want to talk to an economist.
Please do not e-mail me with questions unless we drank at least one beer together. I am happy to help, but I won't do it over e-mail, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc., as I much prefer to have my answer be a public good, accessible to everyone in the future. Moreover, if I am wrong, someone will usually come along to correct me, which is much better for everyone involved. Create a simpler reproducible example on one of the toy data sets that demonstrates the problem you are having, put that up on SO, and then tag me. I will take a look when I get the chance.
Oakland, CA, USA
Member for 9 years, 6 months
47 profile views
Last seen Dec 15 '20 at 0:01
- Cross Validated 28.5k 28.5k 55 gold badges5757 silver badges124124 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 8.4k 8.4k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Economics 1.1k 1.1k 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Russian Language 348 348 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Mathematics 346 346 11 gold badge22 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 100 What's a real-world example of "overfitting"?
- 40 Duplicate each line in VI
- 39 How to calculate the prediction interval for an OLS multiple regression?
- 38 Sufficient statistics for layman
- 33 Which "mean" to use and when?
- 33 How to interpret parameters in GLM with family=Gamma
- 33 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- View more network posts →