Food is interesting. I usually think about it at around why + 7.
For every natural phenomenon there are different levels of explanation. I like to call these "why" values. For the first value of why, the question "Why is the sky blue?" can be answered with some simple hand-waving about light from the sun passing through our planet's atmosphere. For a value of why + 2 (also known to parents as, "But whyyyyy?") you have to start talking about the fact that light comes in different colors.
Also, I like the idea of cake more than cake itself.
I have a gmail account under this username, and I open it occasionally.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Sep 17 '19 at 5:54
- Seasoned Advice♦ 92.8k 92.8k 3434 gold badges210210 silver badges387387 bronze badges
- Academia 3.8k 3.8k 2121 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Super User 3.6k 3.6k 99 gold badges3838 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- Biology 3.1k 3.1k 33 gold badges1717 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.8k 2.8k 1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 200 How should I respond to absurd observations from customers during software product demos?
- 134 Do bacteria die of old age?
- 90 Does every species get around a billion heartbeats on average?
- 81 When I'm separating egg whites, how much does it matter if a little yolk gets in?
- 77 Any benefit to buy high-quality meat for a mediocre cook?
- 69 How to ensure international logo can be ethnically neutral enough so it won’t be offensive?
- 66 How do you make a cake lift equally and minimize doming?
- View more network posts →