I am a phd student in Operations Research. I studied measure theory and probability theory. Then I try to apply (and find counterparts of) those mathematical concepts to (in) statistics and econometrics so as to link the theory and practice together and build up a system in my mind. I want to understand the theoretical foundation (underlying logic) of those statistical learning tools in a natural way and make sure I know exactly what I am doing as well as the limitation when I perform statistical test when I dealing with data.
Member for 4 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Feb 20 '18 at 4:28
- Cross Validated 2.8k 2.8k 44 gold badges1414 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Data Science 215 215 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 145 145 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 140 140 11 gold badge11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Mathematica 128 128 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 353 How to understand the drawbacks of K-means
- 29 How well does bootstrapping approximate the sampling distribution of an estimator?
- 23 Why do we usually choose to minimize the sum of square errors (SSE) when fitting a model?
- 21 A generalization of the Law of Iterated Expectations
- 9 Does EM algorithm consistently estimate the parameters in Gaussian Mixture model?
- 9 Will cross validation performance be an accurate indication for predicting the true performance on an independent data set?
- 7 What is the difference between save a pandas dataframe to pickle and to csv?
- View more network posts →