I am a Senior Data Scientist at iovation. My professional interests lie in the application of open source analysis stacks to problems in various domains.
Once upon a time I was a graduate student in Logic and Computation at Carnegie Mellon University, specializing in philosophy of science and formal epistemology (esp. computational epistemology). My undergraduate degrees are in philosophy and psychology (with a minor in computer information systems) from Humboldt State University.
My interests are legion– they include statistics, complex systems theory, social psychology, visualization, machine learning, perception, cognitive psychology, political theory, the history of computing, and cognitive neuroscience.
Top network posts
- 90 Is there any reason to prefer the AIC or BIC over the other?
- 30 What is normality?
- 26 What is the difference between the Shapiro-Wilk test of normality and the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test of normality?
- 25 What is Bayes' theorem all about?
- 23 Unsupervised, supervised and semi-supervised learning
- 19 Eliciting priors from experts
- 18 Assessing the significance of differences in distributions
- View more network posts →