I like R, Perl, Linux, Time-Series Analysis, and LaTeX.
My research interests include Econometrics and Econometric Methodology - particularly Macro-Econometrics.
I dabble with Computational Statistics and building Software.
I'm here to learn and to help others where I can.
I don't have a personal website to link you to, so I've added some information below.
- School: Synge Street CBS
- BA Economics & Geography
- Postgraduate Diploma Finance
- MA Economics (University College Dublin)
Also taken University courses in:
- Mathematical Studies
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Russian Language
- Polish Language
- Competed for Ireland at European Youth Chess Championships
- Favourite player: GM Tony Miles
- Training for sub 2.45 marathon
- Preferred training regime: Lydiard method
- History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russell
- Principles of Mathematics - Bertrand Russell
- The Republic - Plato
- The Theban Plays - Sophocles
- On Liberty - John Stuart Mill
- Elements of Pure Economics - Léon Walras
- The Road to Serfdom - Friedrich von Hayek
- The Bet - Anton Chekhov
- Man and Superman - Bernard Shaw
- Ways of Seeing - John Berger
- Running to the Top - Arthur Lydiard
- My programming skills are self-taught.
- At school I had a few lessons on programming in Logo.
- User of the R programming language, Bash, C++, Fortran, and Matlab.
Top network posts
- 39 ARIMA model interpretation
- 29 Why are MA(q) time series models called "moving averages"?
- 22 Angle between two vectors in R
- 17 The difference between the three Augmented Dickey–Fuller test (none,drift, trend)
- 16 Is mathematics one big tautology?
- 14 How to put datasets into an R package
- 11 Visualize bivariate binomial distribution
- View more network posts →