I work mostly with environmental data, secondarily with social science data. My interests include statistical graphics, exploratory data analysis, generalised linear models, distributions, transformations and directional data analysis. I am an active Stata user, have both contributed to Stata itself and published many additional Stata programs, and have written widely on the use of Stata, especially in the Stata Journal. I have a strong side-interest in the history of statistics.
Member for 7 years, 7 months
495 profile views
Last seen 8 hours ago
- Cross Validated 44.5k 44.5k 66 gold badges102102 silver badges147147 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 27.7k 27.7k 55 gold badges2626 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 105 105 33 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 104 104 55 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 101 101 22 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 110 What misused statistical terms are worth correcting?
- 57 Why are there two spellings of "heteroskedastic" or "heteroscedastic"?
- 50 What are some examples of anachronistic practices in statistics?
- 50 What's a real-world example of "overfitting"?
- 45 Visualising many variables in one plot
- 44 How to interpret the coefficient of variation?
- 43 "Best" series of colors to use for differentiating series in publication-quality plots
- View more network posts →