I work mostly with environmental data, secondarily with social science data. My interests include statistical graphics, exploratory data analysis, generalised linear models, distributions, transformations and directional data analysis. I am an active Stata user, have both contributed to Stata itself and published many additional Stata programs, and have written widely on the use of Stata, especially in the Stata Journal. I have a strong side-interest in the history of statistics.
Member for 6 years, 5 months
411 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago
- Cross Validated 40.6k 40.6k 66 gold badges8989 silver badges135135 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 26.1k 26.1k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 105 105 55 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 105 105 33 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 101 101 22 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 101 What misused statistical terms are worth correcting?
- 56 Why are there two spellings of "heteroskedastic" or "heteroscedastic"?
- 49 What's a real-world example of "overfitting"?
- 47 What are some examples of anachronistic practices in statistics?
- 42 Visualising many variables in one plot
- 41 How to determine whether or not the y-axis of a graph should start at zero?
- 40 "Best" series of colors to use for differentiating series in publication-quality plots
- View more network posts →