I work mostly with environmental data, secondarily with social science data. My interests include statistical graphics, exploratory data analysis, generalised linear models, distributions, transformations and directional data analysis. I am an active Stata user, have both contributed to Stata itself and published many additional Stata programs, and have written widely on the use of Stata, especially in the Stata Journal. I have a strong side-interest in the history of statistics.
Member for 6 years, 9 months
430 profile views
Last seen 1 hour ago
- Cross Validated 41.5k 41.5k 66 gold badges9494 silver badges137137 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 26.8k 26.8k 44 gold badges2424 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 105 105 55 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 105 105 33 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 101 101 22 bronze badges
Top network posts
- 104 What misused statistical terms are worth correcting?
- 56 Why are there two spellings of "heteroskedastic" or "heteroscedastic"?
- 49 What are some examples of anachronistic practices in statistics?
- 49 What's a real-world example of "overfitting"?
- 42 How to interpret the coefficient of variation?
- 42 Visualising many variables in one plot
- 41 How to determine whether or not the y-axis of a graph should start at zero?
- View more network posts →