I work mostly with environmental data, secondarily with social science data. My interests include statistical graphics, exploratory data analysis, generalised linear models, distributions, transformations and directional data analysis. I am an active Stata user, have both contributed to Stata itself and published many additional Stata programs, and have written widely on the use of Stata, especially in the Stata Journal. I have a strong side-interest in the history of statistics.
Member for 5 years, 9 months
358 profile views
Last seen 3 mins ago
Top Network Posts
- 96 What misused statistical terms are worth correcting?
- 54 Why are there two spellings of "heteroskedastic" or "heteroscedastic"?
- 48 What's a real-world example of "overfitting"?
- 46 What are some examples of anachronistic practices in statistics?
- 40 How to determine whether or not the y-axis of a graph should start at zero?
- 40 "Best" series of colors to use for differentiating series in publication-quality plots
- 39 Visualising many variables in one plot
- View more network posts →