I'm a former research assistant for social research, with a diploma in social assistance. After about 15 years of such research, mostly under the banner of "applied social gerontology", I was engaged with a teaching contract for introduction of empirical research and statistics in the departement for social assistance (Batchelor and Master) in the Kassel University. I had always a strong favor for programming statistical software and so I've some knowledge of the deeper insides of statistics as far as connected with linear algebra. In the last years I've re-discovered my sympathy with number theory and so I'm more active on the stat's sister forum at math.stackexchange currently.
Member for 10 years, 3 months
1 profile view
Last seen Nov 27 '19 at 22:02
- Mathematics 31k 31k 33 gold badges5454 silver badges121121 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.5k 1.5k 1414 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Buddhism 744 744 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- German Language 459 459 44 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 67 Surprising identities / equations
- 52 Examples of patterns that eventually fail
- 44 Is there any simple method to calculate $\sqrt x$ without using logarithm
- 41 "The Egg:" Bizarre behavior of the roots of a family of polynomials.
- 41 Mathematicians shocked(?) to find pattern in prime numbers
- 40 Show how to calculate the Riemann zeta function for the first non-trivial zero
- 34 A Ramanujan-like summation: is it correct? Is it extensible?
- View more network posts →