By Day: Researcher and PhD-candidate. from broad to specific: applied mathematics - chemical engineering - food technology - flavor science
By Night: Little bits of hacking and solving problems in ubuntu and other software. I used to do a bit more programming.
For Fun: I turned to linux around Feisty Fawn 7.04 when I wanted to change a usb-scanner into a large format camera, and windows did not provide me with software that can be easily hacked.
Top Network Posts
- 25 Why is the sum of two random variables a convolution?
- 25 For convex problems, does gradient in Stochastic Gradient Descent (SGD) always point at the global extreme value?
- 18 Brain teaser: How to generate 7 integers with equal probability using a biased coin that has a pr(head) = p?
- 17 Why is bootstrapping useful?
- 17 What distribution to use to model time before a train arrives?
- 17 Who first used/invented p-values?
- 16 What were the main statistical contributions of Ronald Fisher?
- View more network posts →