Martijn Weterings is a nerd that ended up on StackExchange via askubuntu and somehow got strangled by the statistics site (cross validated).
By Day: Astronomer turned into Food Technologist. Researcher and PhD-candidate.
From broad to specific: applied mathematics - chemical engineering - food technology - flavor science
By Night: Little bits of hacking and solving problems in ubuntu and other software. I used to do a bit more programming.
For Fun: I turned to linux around Feisty Fawn 7.04 when I wanted to change a usb-scanner into a large format camera, and windows did not provide me with software that can be easily hacked.
Procrastination: Answer statistics questions on stackechange which is actually not my profession at all.
Quirks (one of many): Due to coffee (Pavone for espresso or Aeropress for American) the 'a' does not work on my lvptop, but I love it too much vnd vm vffrvid too much to chvnge it, so I use ctrl+v whenever I type 'a'.
Member for 1 year, 8 months
39 profile views
Last seen Feb 20 at 15:56
Top Network Posts
- 38 Why is the sum of two random variables a convolution?
- 28 For convex problems, does gradient in Stochastic Gradient Descent (SGD) always point at the global extreme value?
- 18 Who first used/invented p-values?
- 18 Brain teaser: How to generate 7 integers with equal probability using a biased coin that has a pr(head) = p?
- 17 The limit of "unit-variance" ridge regression estimator when $\lambda\to\infty$
- 17 Why is bootstrapping useful?
- 17 What were the main statistical contributions of Ronald Fisher?
- View more network posts →