Colin T Bowers
My life: family, econometrics, coding, gaming, and some sort of exercise(?). In that order.
Econometrics-wise, most of my research has been on models for high frequency financial data. Relevant links include my website (in sore need of actual content), my SSRN page, my ideas.repec profile, and my github page .
Coding-wise, I cut my teeth on Matlab, but am now a Julia convert. I've dabbled in R, Python, and .NET along the way. OS = Ubuntu, although Windows partition still a necessity (see gaming above).
- Stack Overflow 15.2k 15.2k 66 gold badges4646 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 659 659 77 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 523 523 44 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Mathematics 135 135 11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 135 135 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 135 In Matlab, when is it optimal to use bsxfun?
- 105 arrayfun can be significantly slower than an explicit loop in matlab. Why?
- 59 How do I reload a module in an active Julia session after an edit?
- 38 How to write "good" Julia code when dealing with multiple types and arrays (multiple dispatch)
- 36 What is the difference between `using` and `import` in Julia when building a module?
- 28 How to get fields of a Julia object
- 22 Identity matrix in Julia
- View more network posts →