- During the day, I create software to forecast retail sales and calculate order proposals. Lots of time series, with an emphasis on fast, automatic and robust data cleansing and forecasting. My main responsibility is the algorithmic and statistical aspects of the SAP Unified Demand Forecast, SAP's forecasting engine for the retail sector. I'm an elected director for the International Institute of Forecasters and an Associate Editor for their practitioner-oriented forecasting journal Foresight.
- I recently authored, with Enno Siemsen, an accessible forecasting textbook: Demand Forecasting for Managers, by Business Expert Press. Get a copy for the forecaster or forecasting manager in your life today!
- At night, I switch hats and do inferential statistics for academic clinical and biological psychology.
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9393-0765.
- My main tool is the statistical computing environment R.
Top Network Posts
- 218 How to know that your machine learning problem is hopeless?
- 167 How to deal with failing a student?
- 157 How to Say "No" to my manager if he asks me to take his exams for him
- 144 Students trying to negotiate away penalties for late submission of coursework
- 104 Why do academics frequently write very short email replies?
- 103 Is it appropriate for an undergrad student to ask a professor to sign a non-disclosure agreement?
- 100 Being alive today: the most improbable coincidence?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (39)
22 What to do about “wrong” questions? Oct 25 '17
17 Are questions on how to simulate data on-topic? May 11 '17
15 2017 moderator election Q&A - question collection Aug 3 '17
14 When is traffic slow on CrossValidated? May 17 '16
13 The *learning tags Jan 4 '17