If you would like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please feel free to send me an invite. However, please invest a few words about just why you would like to do so. If all I get is the canned LinkedIn connection email, I'm likely to ignore it. Thank you!
My opinion on Stack Exchange (the company) is permanently lower than in the first few years I generated free content for it. For details, look at my "Reinstate Monica" post at Meta.CrossValidated.
- I create software to forecast retail sales and calculate order proposals. Lots of time series, with an emphasis on fast, automatic and robust data cleansing and forecasting. My main responsibility is the algorithmic and statistical aspects of the SAP Unified Demand Forecast, SAP's forecasting engine for the retail sector.
- I'm an Associate Editor for the practitioner-oriented forecasting journal Foresight: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting published by the International Institute of Forecasters.
- I'm an Honorary Researcher at the Centre for Marketing Analytics and Forecasting at Lancaster University Management School.
- I authored, with Enno Siemsen, an accessible forecasting textbook: Demand Forecasting for Managers, by Business Expert Press. Get a copy for the forecaster or forecasting manager in your life today!
- My ORCID is 0000-0001-9393-0765.
- My main tool is the statistical computing environment R.
Member for 10 years, 7 months
333 profile views
Last seen 4 hours ago
- Cross Validated 81.7k 81.7k 1010 gold badges163163 silver badges302302 bronze badges
- Academia 28.6k 28.6k 1010 gold badges100100 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- The Workplace 9.4k 9.4k 33 gold badges3535 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 7.6k 7.6k 22 gold badges2525 silver badges4545 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 1.6k 1.6k 1111 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 269 How to know that your machine learning problem is hopeless?
- 172 How to deal with failing a student?
- 160 How to Say "No" to my manager if he asks me to take his exams for him
- 157 Why is accuracy not the best measure for assessing classification models?
- 147 Students trying to negotiate away penalties for late submission of coursework
- 116 I received an allegation of academic misconduct from my university. What should I do?
- 105 Why do academics frequently write very short email replies?
- View more network posts →