I am a currently retired biostatistician and last worked at the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research where I worked on lab experiments, clinical trials and other medical research. I have a PhD in Statistics from Stanford University. I have published books on bootstrap and biostatistics and have written or coauthored many articles in statistics, mathematics and medical journals. I am an ASA Fellow and have also been a member of ENAR, the IMS, the Bernoulli Society and the Royal Statistical Society. I like teaching and mentoring and doing puzzles (crossword, cryptograms and Sudoku) I used to play chess with my son Daniel but I am getting rusty at it as I age and he started beating me too often. I have been retired since 2012. I was very active at CrossValidated in 2011, but have not contributed from 2012-2016. I resumed activity in November 2016 and am hoping to finish a few books I had abandoned and I hope to get back to doing some part time consulting at some point in 2017.
Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
Member for 7 years, 5 months
1,216 profile views
Last seen Jul 3 at 17:41
- Cross Validated 35.9k 35.9k 88 gold badges6363 silver badges134134 bronze badges
- Mathematics 4.3k 4.3k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 176 176 55 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 121 121 88 bronze badges
- Theoretical Computer Science 111 111 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 114 What is the difference between regression and classification?
- 63 Taleb and the Black Swan
- 56 Is there a minimum sample size required for the t-test to be valid?
- 37 Determining sample size necessary for bootstrap method / Proposed Method
- 34 Intuitive explanation of unit root
- 31 Difference between standard error and standard deviation
- 29 What does a non positive definite covariance matrix tell me about my data?
- View more network posts →