If I were to sum-up feelings expressed thus far, we are split between proposing a new, all encompassing SE site for R (R.SE) or finding a bigger home here on CV. @mbq suggested that much of what we might do on R.SE would be perfectly at home on CV.
Ideas for the R.SE site include (but are not limited to):
- Using/deploying R in a variety of situations (teaching, research etc)
- Using the various interfaces to R, questions on RStudio, RevolutionR, Rapache, ... etc...
- Domain specific Qs on R packages
- Using R in a very general sense (not programming per se)
- (anything covered by R-Help, R-Devel, and the SIG list, but we might off-load statistical Qs to CV and R programming to SO, where they were clearly a better fit.)
- Allow the more open style of Q
What do the users/mods of CV think about this? Would such questions find a welcoming home on CV or would we run the risk of drowning out the statistical Qs?
Any comments gratefully received, either way. At the moment we are deciding upon the best course of action, so anything you do say will help inform that.