FINAL EDIT: You can find the transcript here.
It is high time to continue the CVJC series.
To remind for those who are new to the idea:
- CVJC is a whole day meeting on chat where we discuss some paper and its theoretical/practical surroundings.
As mentioned above the event is whole-day (00:00-23:59UTC), but there are three meet-up sessions at:
- 1:00UTC = 19:00 on Thursday CST (session A)
- 9:00UTC = 3:00CST (session B)
- 16:00UTC = 10:00CST (session C)
...on which most talking take place; they are spread over day to put at least one CVJC session in reach regardless of time zone.
- The paper must be OpenAccess or a (p)reprint suggested previously on a meta thread like this one and selected in voting.
- I would try to invite the author (it worked last time).
So, please suggest papers (each in one answer)! The deadline for suggestions is
traditionally a week ahead, so 23:59UTC 2.11.2011 23:59UTC 2.20.2011; the CVJC itself will probably take place at the 2.25.2011.
EDIT1: The CVJC3 will take place on 2011-03-11.
EDIT2: You can register (highly encouraged; this way everybody will know the approximated traffic on each session and you will get an e-mail reminder prior to the event) HERE.