EDIT3: CVJC1 finished; you can read the transcript here.
EDIT2: I have still no response from the author, yet I think it should go as planned: 12/17/2010, 16:00UTC, we will discuss text mining in general basing on the article proposed by @onestop:
Jeffrey L. Solka. Text data mining: Theory and methods. Statistical Surveys 2008
and possibly also text mining tools in R, after the paper proposed by @chl:
Ingo Feinerer, Kurt Hornik, David Meyer. Text Mining Infrastructure in R. JSS 2008
If you want to come, please register to the event here.
(This is not obligatory or necessary to participate, but you'll get an e-mail notification)
Based on the discussion on the chat yesterday (thanks for chl, csgillespie, Gavin Simpson and Shane), the initial idea for this clarified. So the CVJC:
- will be held monthly probably Fridays, maybe 16:00UTC (this may be changing so that each major time zone will have equal chance to be in a comfortable time)
- the discussed article(s)
- will be picked on a meta thread like this before the chat event
- must be OpenAccess or preprints/reprints, so everyone could read them
- we (mods) will try to contact the authors and invite them to join the discussion (their acceptance will be a required constrain to use a preprint)
- may also appear in a form of R package promotion event when package author shows a guided demo of its capabilities (this needs some further refinement of technical details)
So please, propose the articles as answers to this question. In a first approximation the first CVJC is scheduled for 16:00UTC 17.12.2010.
EDIT: To settle timetable, let's say the deadline for paper suggestions is 23:59UTC 14.12.2010.