The current randomization tag has no wiki or excerpt and its 130 questions cover a wide variety of topics. I propose the following
- many of the entries are about random allocation in the context of clinical trials. I propose to create a new tag random-allocation and re-tag them assuming I have enough reputation to create a tag. I know many people prefer the phrase random assignment but allocation is the term used in the CONSORT guidelines for reporting clinical trials
- There are other questions which are about some other aspect of clinical trials like analysis, sample size determination, which have probably been tagged [randomization] since they are about randomized clinical trials. Since we have a tag clinical-trials I propose to re-tag them where they do not already have that tag
- Some are about sampling and I propose to re-tag them with that tag
- Some are about random generation, properties of random number generators and we have a tag for that random-generation so I would re-tag them with that
- Some will probably be dealt with as @Amoeba cleans up permutation
Assuming this meets with approval I will do all of this and then re-post with suggestions for the residue of questions.