There exists Area51 proposal called Sports Betting. (Admittedly, it is not very active so far and it might get deleted for inactivity. One of the reasons for writing here is making the users of this site aware of it; since there might be an overlap between people interested in this site and people interested in that proposal.)
When discussing whether this proposal should be merged with sports.SE site; one of the followers suggested that questions about betting (or at least some of them) could be appropriate for this site.
I have seen that several questions about betting have been asked here before, for some examples see here.
My question is:
Would some of the following questions about sports betting be on-topic for this site? Would most?
(Judging by the questions I have found so far, I would guess that some could be, but not most, but I guess there is no harm in asking.)
I'll list here example questions from the proposal (to get an idea about the kind of the questions which might be asked there - but keep in mind that Sports Betting proposal is still in definition phase):
- What are the pros and cons of level stakes betting?
- Under what assumptions is Kelly staking 'optimal'?
- What are some good bookmaker comparison sites?
- Why do odds offered by the bookmakers tend to change rapidly during the last few minutes before the start of the game?
- How do odds comparison sites get the data with the odds for the events at various bookmakers?
- Why some bookmakers do not offer multiple bets (accumulator bets)?
- How is potential profit from an arbitrage bet (a.k.a. surebet) calculated?
I have posted several comments on betting-related questions asked on this site about this proposal. I hope it is ok. (It was mentioned in this meta.SO questions as one of the possibilities how to make potentially interested users aware of a site proposal.)