Unfortunately, in error, I have accidentally posted a comment which was not well formatted. Since then I have tried to remove it, but owing to the nature of the formatting, the delete button has been obscured by the 'Related' section. As a result, I am unable to remove the comment. Are there any means through which a moderator can be contacted or, indeed, are there more direct means of removing this comment?

The question (and aforementioned comment) can be found at: Using the rejection sampling with the method of inversion .


1 Answer 1


Moderators can best be contacted by flagging the question (or answer). A link for flagging appears immediately beneath every question and every answer. This is explained in our FAQ.

  • $\begingroup$ BTW, I had no problem deleting that comment: hovering the mouse in the area at the end of the comment revealed the 'edit' and 'delete' controls. $\endgroup$
    – whuber Mod
    Oct 25, 2012 at 20:56
  • $\begingroup$ It wouldn't work for me; it was shielded by one of the questions in the Related section. Thanks for that! $\endgroup$
    – user9171
    Oct 25, 2012 at 21:03
  • $\begingroup$ @user9171 if it happens again, could you take a screencapture and post it as a bug here on meta? It sounds like you might be having your div container overflow. $\endgroup$
    – Aarthi
    Oct 26, 2012 at 15:08
  • $\begingroup$ @whuber Oh, it was TeX markup? Nevermind then. :) $\endgroup$
    – Aarthi
    Oct 26, 2012 at 16:50
  • $\begingroup$ @Aarthi I have noticed in the last few days that $\TeX$ is not displaying correctly until the page is refreshed: it seems to spill over the right of its box, more so for longer and more complex expressions. It is possible I succeeded in grabbing that comment's controls after first refreshing the page. The offending comment still wrapped all over creation, but it didn't block the edit or delete controls. $\endgroup$
    – whuber Mod
    Oct 26, 2012 at 17:18
  • $\begingroup$ Note that for comments, the button / thing to click on to flag is invisible, but will show up if you mouseover the space to the left of the comment; it will look like a small flag. $\endgroup$ Oct 26, 2012 at 18:32

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .